SAN FRANCISCO, Nov. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- DesignCon, the premier conference for chip, board and systems design engineers in the high-speed communications and semiconductor communities, today announced the blockbuster keynote lineup for its 2016 event. Heading into its 21st year, the country's largest event created for engineers by engineers has selected Al Eisaian, CEO, IntelinAir, Inc., Pat Byrne, President, Tektronix, and Paul Kocher, Chief Scientist, Cryptography Research Division, Rambus, as keynote presenters to educate and inspire attendees at the start of each day.
DesignCon will take place January 19-21, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more information and to take advantage of Early Bird registration pricing, visit: designcon.com.
With an emphasis on education and peer-to-peer sharing among practicing engineers, DesignCon creates an atmosphere for learning about state-of-the-art design methodologies and technologies unlike anywhere else in the U.S. The keynote lineup for 2016 aims to cover the full engineering lifecycle, from concept and creativity to testing, securing and tips for entrepreneurial success.
DesignCon 2016 Keynote Lineup:
Tuesday, January 19
Al Eisaian, CEO, IntelinAir, Inc: With a rich entrepreneurial history, Eisaian's career and expertise has run the engineering gamut. Beginning as a hardware test engineer and advancing through product and business unit management, Eisaian is currently the CEO of IntelinAir, Inc., an aerial information analytics firm, the fifth company he has co-founded.
- "The Key Building Blocks in Surviving/Thriving in the Era of Exponential Technologies." We know that exponential and accelerating technologies combined with global collaboration and resources are presenting incredible opportunities to engineers and other members of the creative class to go from conception to creation in a very short period of time. So if we have all of the technical pieces in place…what is missing to create successful and exciting new products, projects and companies?
Wednesday, January 20
Pat Byrne, President, Tektronix: With more than 24 years of experience in the test and measurement industry as both a technologist and a business leader, Byrne has held leadership positions in everything from market and business development to R&D, technology development, marketing and more. Byrne currently serves as President of Tektronix, a leading manufacturer of test and measurement devices.
- "Reduce Time to Market with Better Workflow Integration from Simulation to Test." Over the past 40 years, waves of technology innovation have benefited from the insight and analysis provided by electronic testing tools. With an increase in devices being connected to the cloud, pressure is being put on network providers to support faster data rates beyond 100Gb/s while maintaining good signal integrity. Byrne will talk about the important role of testing emerging communications technologies through a better linkage between simulation and measurement systems.
Thursday, January 21
Paul Kocher, Chief Scientist, Cryptography Research Division, Rambus: An acclaimed data security researcher and entrepreneur, Kocher is credited with co-authoring the widely-used SSL 3.0 standard, discovering side channel cryptanalysis, and leading the development of differential power analysis security countermeasures built into nearly 10 billion chips made annually. He is currently Chief Scientist at Rambus.
- "Silicon Foundations For Security." While the security capabilities and limitations of chips play a critical role in security, these foundations typically assume complex software will be bug-free, thus security failures are increasingly common in today's complex and inter-connected products. Kocher will explore the intersections of cryptography and data security with chip architectures, specifically looking at power analysis attacks as an example of how layers of abstraction can conceal security challenges, as well as exploring architectures aimed at scaling more securely.
"This year, our keynote lineup was selected to inspire and challenge chip, board and systems designers as well as help prepare them for the challenges ahead," said Janine Love, DesignCon Technical Program Director. "Unlike any other conference, DesignCon offers its attendees access to the latest design technologies and tools as well as hands-on learning, insights into design methodologies and best practices, and an opportunity to meet with the leading engineers in the business. It's a non-stop technical conversation where you can be inspired, surprised, or entertained at every turn!"
2016 Conference Program
The DesignCon Technical Conference Program consists of 14 tracks covering all aspects of electronic design, from chips to boards and systems. Through more than 100 technical paper sessions, panels and tutorials, conference attendees will gather the latest theories and practical solutions to the challenging problems shared across the industry in design and verification. Specifically, critical topics covered include signal integrity, power integrity, jitter, crosstalk, test and measurement, parallel and memory interface design, ICs, semiconductor components and more. To see the full lineup and start building your onsite schedule, visit: designcon.com/santaclara/scheduler/list.
Follow DesignCon online:
- Facebook: facebook.com/DesignCon
- Twitter: @UBMDesignCon
- LinkedIn: linkd.in/1gfaxOU
DesignCon, produced by UBM Canon, is the world's premier conference for chip, board and systems design engineers in the high-speed communications and semiconductor communities. DesignCon, created by engineers for engineers, takes place annually in Silicon Valley and remains the largest gathering of chip, board and systems designers in the country. This four-day technical conference and expo combines technical paper sessions, tutorials, industry panels, product demos and exhibits from the industry's leading experts and solutions providers. More information is available at: http://www.designcon.com/santaclara/.
About UBM Canon
UBM Canon is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media company for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. UBM Canon is part of UBM plc (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B-to-B communities and markets.
DesignCon Public Relations
Logo - http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20151118/289149LOGO