FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Nov. 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- XChange Events today announced the details of the 2013 Healthcare IT Summit, to be held November 17th-19th at La Quinta Resort, Palm Springs, CA. The content-rich agenda was designed to help attendees, "Embrace Change & Innovate" and explore the trends, people, innovations and policies that are influencing the evolving road ahead. The annual conference brings together industry analysts, IT executives from healthcare payer and provider organizations, and leading vendors for uniquely collaborative discussions on today's pressing business and IT issues, best practices and the latest tools and technologies that will improve business performance. With the help of strategic analyst partner, IDC Health Insights, the Healthcare IT Summit is the only IT-focused conference for both payers and providers on the market today, delivering unmatched education and insight on future market drivers, business trends, economic factors and technology opportunities impacting the healthcare IT market.
+Conference overview: http://www.xchange-events.com/hcits13/
+Full agenda: http://www.xchange-events.com/hcits13/agenda/
+Event coverage on Twitter: @TheHealthCIO using #HCITS
Speaker highlights include:
- J.D. Kleinke, Medical Economist; Health Information Technology Entrepreneur will open the event
- Lori Hack, CEO, Object Health & California e-Health Collaborative will present, "Technology Innovation: The Health Care Delivery System of the Future"
- Deborah Kobza, Executive Director / CEO, The National Health ISAC (NH-ISAC) will present, "National Health Critical Infrastructure Resilience – Cybersecurity Framework"
To view the complete list of speakers visit: http://www.xchange-events.com/hcits13/speakers/
As a strategic partner in the development of the Healthcare IT Summit agenda, several leading IDC Health Insights analysts will present at the event including:
- "2014: Year of the Healthcare Consumer?" presented by Scott Lundstrom, Group Vice President, IDC Health Insights
- "Population Health Management and Its Role in Accountable Care Maturity," presented by Cynthia Burghard, Research Director
- "Top 10 Healthcare Payer Technology Strategies for 2014," presented by Janice Young, Program Director, Payer IT Strategies
- "Advancing Cloud Computing for Healthcare Providers – From IT Efficiency to Business Innovation," presented by Judy Hanover, Program Director, Provider IT Strategies
- "Connected Health Insights: Mobile Transformation in Healthcare: Successfully Competing in a Mobile World", presented by Lynne Dunbrack, Vice President, IDC Health Insights
Sponsors include HealthEdge, InterSystems, NEC, Fortinet, Information Builders, and Mimecast, among others. For a complete list of sponsors, please visit http://www.xchange-events.com/hcits13/sponsors.
"The forces of technological change, universal health coverage and business model transformation have created unprecedented challenges for healthcare CIOs," said Robert C. DeMarzo, Senior Vice President of Strategic Content for XChange Events. 18 years ago, our annual Healthcare IT Summit was designed to uniquely address the most pressing challenges facing both the provider and payer communities. Now, more than ever, this community needs access to industry best practices, thought leader insights and IT resources. In partnership with IDC Health Insights, we look forward to a content-rich, compelling event to address the overwhelming pressures of today's market, and help spark innovation among today's healthcare IT leaders."
The Healthcare IT Summit will also feature the popular XChange@Work program, giving attendees an opportunity to give back to the community. This year, conference attendees will have the opportunity to support Camp Ronald McDonald, which provides fun-filled, medically supervised, cost-free, year-round camp programs for children with cancer. Attendees will have the chance to donate toiletries, offer words of encouragement and/or provide funds to support the camp. To learn more about this initiative, please visit: http://www.xchange-events.com/hcits13/giving.
Part of The Channel Company family, XChange Events connect technology builders, sellers and buyers through a diverse number of live and virtual events, designed to help attendees share best practices, network with peers and gain exclusive market intelligence from industry editors and analysts. Organized into three categories, XChange Events offers channel events, IT executive events and on demand virtual events to address every aspect of today's evolving IT market. For more information, please visit: http://www.xchange-events.com/
About The Channel Company
The Channel Company is the channel community's trusted authority for growth and innovation, with established brands including CRN, XChange Events, IPED, and SharedVue. For more than three decades, we have leveraged our proven and leading edge platforms to deliver prescriptive sales and marketing solutions for the technology channel. The Channel Company provides Communication, Recruitment, Engagement, Enablement, Demand Generation and Intelligence services to drive technology partnerships. Learn more at www.thechannelcompany.com.
SOURCE The Channel Company