SAN FRANCISCO, Aug. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UBM Electronics, the daily source of essential business and technical information for the electronics industry's decision makers, today announced that Mike Walsh, CEO of innovation research lab Tomorrow and a leading authority on the digital future, and Professor Rosalind Picard, founder and director of the Affective Computing Research Group at the MIT Media Laboratory, will deliver keynote addresses at DESIGN East, Boston's largest and most prestigious design engineering conference & exhibition.
Supporting DESIGN East's "Center of the Engineering Universe" theme, Walsh's high-energy exhibition opening-day presentation on Tuesday September 18 will blend multimedia video, high impact visuals and innovation case studies from his experiences in cutting-edge global markets and the world's top research labs applied to thought-provoking actions for engineers and the embedded design community. On Wednesday September 19, Picard's keynote address will provide an insider's view of a number of MIT programs including the Things That Think Consortium and the new Autism & Communication Technology Initiative.
"Details of Professor Rosalind Picard's inspiring work at MIT and Mike Walsh's deep and personal knowledge of the impact of technology on human behavior are sure to provide useful insight into the future of technology innovation in emerging markets," said Kathy Astromoff, CEO, UBM Electronics. "We are very excited to have such interesting and accomplished speakers helping us kick-off DESIGN East."
Boston's most comprehensive electronics industry event, DESIGN East combines the Android Summit, DesignMED, the LED Summit and Sensors in Design events with UBM's flagship Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Boston. DESIGN East is also co-located with the Embedded Vision Summit, a technical education forum for engineers centered on embedded vision technology applications.
DESIGN East highlights include:
- Expo: Showcasing more than 100 technology vendors including Intel, IBM Rational, Qualcomm, ARM, Freescale, NXP and Microchip
- Sponsored Training Sessions: Open and free to all attendees, more than 30 sponsored sessions provide in-depth hands-on solutions to specific design challenges
- Intel's Intelligent systems zone and exhibit hall training on diverse topics such as Yocto, medical and security
- Android™ Certificate Program: Hands-on training using theDragonBoard™ Snapdragon™ S3 APQ8060
- DESIGN East Theater: Product teardowns, speed-training and panel discussions including the Google Nexus 7 teardown, Gadget Freak DIY Lab, the "Internet of Things" and "Will Embedded Programming be Dead in 2030?" presentations, X PRIZE Foundation panel discussion about how large-scale, high-profile, incentivized prize competitions stimulate investment in research and development
- Media Center: Connecting exhibiting companies with leading electronics industry market analysts and journalists from more than leading publications including UBM Electronics' Design News, EBN, EDN, EE Times and Embedded.com
DESIGN East attendee registration is open at http://designeast.reg.ubmelectronics.com/2012/
Accredited media are encouraged to register at http://east.ubmdesign.com/information-center/media-center/#reg
For more information on sponsorship, please contact Sean Raman, firstname.lastname@example.org, 415.947.6622
Held in key strategic technology development locations worldwide, UBM Electronics' DESIGN events are the global electronics industry's leading gatherings. With cutting edge product demonstrations, visionary speeches and hundreds of essential technical training classes and accreditation opportunities, DESIGN is the ideal venue for the electronics engineering community to learn, collaborate and recognize excellence. UBM Electronics' DESIGN events cater to the extremely technical, higher-learning needs of the world's top engineers while providing an unprecedented forum for the examination of the industry's pressing business challenges.
About UBM Electronics
UBM Electronics is the global leader in media and marketing solutions for design engineering and the electronics industry. We deliver results for the key influencers and decision makers involved in the design, development, and commercialization of technology through its market leading brands, peer communities, and professional education services. More than 2.2 million engineering professionals engage with UBM Electronics brands which include EE Times, EDN, Design News, Test & Measurement World, TechOnline, EBN, DataSheets.com, Designlines, and Embedded.com across the globe to accelerate technology sales. The international electronics community gathers at UBM Electronics market leading events such as the Embedded Systems Conferences, DESIGN, DesignCon, and ARM Technology Conference to share, learn, discuss, and advance the critical issues and challenges facing the electronics industry. Additionally, UBM Electronics provides end-to-end services ranging from next-generation marketing, integrated media, custom solutions and research. UBM Electronics is part of UBM (UBM.L) a global provider of media and information services for professional B2B communities and markets.
For more information, go to www.ubmelectronics.com; follow us at @ubm_electronics to get the latest UBM Electronics news.
For more information on DESIGN East 2012 please contact:
Vice President, Marketing, UBM Electronics
Kaye Public Relations
SOURCE UBM Electronics